Foundation Doctor's Guide to West Scotland
Glasgow is a bit more “rough and ready”- a bigger city, more student-friendly, with probably the best nightlife in Scotland.
Being the most populous region in Scotland, it contains the most tertiary hospitals. This includes the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, the major trauma centre in the region, which specialises in renal, transplant and vascular surgery, with a separate paediatric hospital. Glasgow Royal Infirmary, another tertiary centre, is the regional centre for gynaecology, cardiology and plastic surgery. And Gartnavel General Hospital, located in West of Glasgow, is a regional centre for oncology.
Scotland is one foundation school but split into 4 separate regions: East, North, South East & West. Most of the spots available are in West (around Glasgow) & South East (around Edinburgh).
Click on the hospital to see indepth reviews & GMC ratings on it’s specialties.
- University Hospital Hairmyres
- Gartnavel Royal Hospital
- Ailsa Hospital
- Royal Hospital for Children
- University Hospital Wishaw
- University Hospital Monklands
- University Hospital Crosshouse
- Forth Valley Royal Hospital
- Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre
- Royal Alexandra Hospital
- Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary
- Glasgow Royal Infirmary
- Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow
- Inverclyde Royal Hospital
- University Hospital Ayr
Find locum work on your terms
Connect with trusted hospitals and agencies to quickly find locum work. Create your free profile and receive relevant offers to your phone.