F3 Stories Podcast: Dr Amelia Webber
Welcome to another exciting episode of the F3 Stories Podcast by Messly. The goal of this podcast is to share the stories of doctors who've had really interesting and successful F3 years, to give you the inspiration and confidence to make the most of your own.
In this episode, we speak to Dr Amelia Webber, who was a Foundation Trainee in South Yorkshire, then went on to enjoy a successful year of locuming as an F3 in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the North West.
👉 Listen Here
The Messly F3 Stories Podcast is also available on:
👉 Topics Discussed
In this episode, Amelia shares her experiences of planning her F3 year, finding locum work, dealing with agencies, and her tips for how to make a year built around locum work rewarding and fulfilling.
We dive into:
- Her thought process for deciding whether to take an F3 year
- How to be proactive in finding locum work
- Why flexibility is key to getting financial security as a locum
- Financial planning for your F3 year
- How to prepare for working in a new hospital
- Why quickly building relationships within a new department is crucial
- How to find career progression and learning opportunities as a locum
- Her plans for F4 and beyond.
You can also catch up on the first episode of the Messly F3 Stories Podcast here!
This article is part of a wider series, supporting doctors like yourself with a comprehensive set of guides to ensure your F3 year is a success. These guides cover everything from initial planning, options for moving abroad, help with finding work, and tips for making the most of the experience. Click here to visit our F3 Resource Hub to explore the full list of guides and articles.
Find locum work on your terms
The best locum agencies together in one place, competing to find you the best locum shifts. Managed for free through your Messly account.